Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A little update!

Well Chloe is a little over two months old and she is quite the handful. Juggling taking care of her and quality time with Alyssa is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Alyssa wasn't jealous at first but now that she sees how much time Chloe takes from her she has her moments. I am trying to get more time in with Alyssa but it's hard because I think Chloe may be getting colic, she has crying spells every night for a few hours. We'll see. Chloe is happy though and loves Alyssa so much. All lyssie has to do is walk up and talk to Chloe and she makes her smile. It is so cute to see. I love my girls with all my heart and hope I can raise them both to be happy independent well rounded women. I am just waiting for Chloe to start laughing one day! She smiles all the time now and I have a few toys that she just loves! She also "coos" all the time too! She is so cute. Alyssa is doing well in school except she talks too much! haha I remember getting in trouble for that too. She is a great helper and loves to sweep for some reason!

Anibal and I are doing well. We have our daily challenges (especially when I'm exhausted and didn't get much sleep the night before), but he is still my best friend and I love him tons. He is back to doing construction and is building some duplexes at Hill Air Force Base. It's hard because he comes home late, cold, hungry and exhausted. I can't wait till it gets warmer.

My Mom has been able to come and stay with me three times over the last two months. She came down to visit me and my Grandpa and has decided my house is much more relaxing than my Grandpa's. While she has been here both her younger Brother and younger Sister have passed away so she has had to stay longer than expected. It has been great though and I never thought when I was younger that I would be such great friends with my Mom. I love her and wish she would move closer. The deaths of my Aunt and Uncle made the Holidays very dificult but we are doing better now.

I go back to work on February 9th and while I'm sad to leave Chloe and miss out on so much time with her, it will be so nice to have normal adult conversations again and let someone else take some of the load for me! Brooke's cousin Brit is going to watch Chloe for me. I am so glad I found someone I trust to care for her! It really makes things a lot easier. Now comes the hard part....getting Chloe on a reasonable schedule and weaning her to the bottle all in the next three weeks. Wish me luck! I love you all and miss you! I hope your Holidays were great!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Cute pictures! It was fun to get an update on how you all are doing! I hope things are woking out okay for you as you have gone back to work!