Friday, August 29, 2008

Alyssa's first day of Kindergarten 8/28/08


Alyssa started Kindergarten!!! I have to admit I was much more nervous than she was but we got up and got her ready and left for school. She is going to Bonneville Elementary which is just up the street from our house and is one of the few schools that offer full day Kindergarten classes! They lined up outside on their class number and when the bell rang they started to walk inside....Alyssa walked out of the line and hurried to me. She told me she wanted me, which almost made me cry! But I told her she would do great and that I'm sure she would have fun. She got back in line and headed on to a brave new world! I admit after she went inside I cried quite a bit....but I wasn't the only one!


I can't believe she has already started school! It seems like just yesterday she was a little baby who loved to be held and always wanted her Mom. I'm proud of her though and she told me when she got home that she likes school a lot better than daycare and that she made a lot of new friends. My how time flies, it reminds me that we need to enjoy them as much as possible before they move away and really grow up!
I love being a Mother!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Your blog is beautify! I loved looking at it! Alyssa is just a little mini you! What a doll! I am glad you have a blog now.